Designs for Avanti’s cotton quilt kits include traditional block prints, coastal motifs and flowers/foliage.
Moonachie, NJ – Avanti Linens is putting its extensive design library and diverse sourcing capabilities to new use this season with the launch of a new line.
After 53 years of developing and distributing bath towels and coordinates, table linens and kitchen textiles, the company is now adding fashion bedding to its lineup for both brick-and-mortar and e-commerce retailers.
In true Avanti style, the top-of-the-bed line debuts with a wide offering of quilts and comforter sets in a variety of design themes, fabrications and constructions, specialty finishes,” and the same attention to detail and quality you’ve come to expect. to expect from us,” noted Jo Ann Piccininni, Director of Product Development.
Customer demand combined with growth in its brand-focused blanket business led to the addition of the fashion bedding line, explained Jeff Kaufman, president and chief operating officer.
“Customers have been asking for it, and bedding is a great way to complement our online business, where we have strong relationships that we want to leverage,” he said. “Plus, we’ve been in the blanket business for several years – we’ve had a seasonal Spode comforter for several years and Fiesta blankets and blankets for two years now – so going deeper into bedding with a full offering is just a logical extension of what we’ve already started doing.”
Piccininni added: “It’s like the icing on the cake. We’re expanding our bedding to create layered looks.”
In designing the new bedding, Avanti has deliberately put together a family of looks independent of its other categories. “We don’t take our best sellers out of bath and add them to bedding,” Piccininni said. “We take designs from our own library and use patterns and looks that we think work for our bedding.”
The collections include:
- Printed reversible quilt sets, made from 100% cotton and washed/pre-shrunk for extra softness. Designs include traditional block prints, coastal motifs and flowers/foliage;
- Velvet quilt sets in textured styles – paisley, basket weave and printed velvet;
- Stonewashed solid colored quilt sets in three constructions: crumpled surface texture, finished with a subtle ruffle; intricate quilting with petite ruffles; and saturated colors with detailed stitching;
- Jacquard woven quilt set with medallion motif and finished with a small crochet border;
- Embroidered quilt set decorated with a three-inch-wide vine of lotus flowers framing the bed, coordinating with embroidered shams;
- Quilted comforter sets woven in Portugal;
- 3-piece and 5-piece comforter sets in colorful abstracts and flowers printed on a soft textured fabric;
- Jacquard woven 3-piece comforter sets with a ribbon-like insert and a small trimmed border that compliments the horizontal ribbon inserts.
Avanti shows 34 W. 33 St., Suite 1007.